Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee #2

As per usual in the UK, yesterday's bank holiday arrived hand-in-hand with a bucketful of rain. Even after a couple of hours, - in which one would expect the weather to brighten up-, the clouds failed to disappear, so my conscious was filled with a constant worry of whether or not there would be a sudden outburst of raindrops. Although water and suede are often assumed to be arch-enemies, I decided to take a risk and weat my Underground Creepers (sprayed with Topshop's shoe protector, just to be on the safe side), which I paired with black opaque tights to create a clean silhouette.



Channelling the Diamond Jubilee colour scheme, I thought it would be appropriate to incorporate this nave Cotton/Nylon mix Tommy Hilfiger Sweater into my outfit, elaborating its simplicity with this gorgeous floral chiffon mullet skirt from Zara. To shield me from the slight chill, - inevitable British weather which we cannot escape, even on the few days of celebration-, I wore my brown faux-leather Zara jacket with quilted lining, and slung my vintage beaded bag over my shoulder to carry essentials for the day's events.

2 comments:

  1. Great outfit, love the dark and neutral colours, and those sunglasses are raaaad!
    Thanks for following my blog, yours is great and your blog URL is really clever!

    Drea @ Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete