Pages

Sunday 29 December 2013

Recipe: A hungry girl's quick 4-cheese, garlic and herb pasta


Don't get me wrong, I'm usually a health freak. Chocolates are a no-go. Carbs are definitely a no-go. But some times, there is nothing more that I crave than midnight noodles. Here is a quick make-it-up-as-you-go-along recipe I made today:





1. Boil some 3-minute spaghetti noodles in a pan. To quicken the process, I boil the water in a kettle first before putting on the hob. Drain the noodles through a colander and then pour back into the pan.

2. Throw in 1/3 tub of Philadelphia cream cheese (it can be herb and cheese flavour but I used original). Then grate in various cheeses of different proportions- I used feta, gorgonzola, smoked Bavarian and red Leicester. It's a great way to get rid of those cheeses hiding at the back of the shelf that you wouldn't necessarily put on a cheeseboard at a dinner party. Watch the pan carefully and stir regularly so that the pasta does not stick to the pan/burn.

3. Add in garlic powder and Italian herb seasoning to taste.

4. Chop some black olives and sun-dried tomatoes (the ones you get in a jar) in half and throw on top of the pasta. I'd recommend doing this while the water is boiling as after this the cheese melts fairly quickly.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment